The proper vitamin and mineral supplements can promote healthier, shinier and stronger hair. However, a lack of those hair vitamins and minerals aren’t the only causes of hair loss.
If your hair loss is caused by internal issues such as anemia or thyroid, vitamin supplements will not reverse or repair the damage. A poor hair regimen can also cause hair loss, review our Tips for Healthy Hair to maintain your hair properly. A healthy diet is also key; check out 11 Foods to Promote Faster Growth and Thicker, Shinier Hair.
You might want to consult a physician to isolate the cause of your hair loss or damage.
When you have determined supplements will help, you’ll find there are many hair growth vitamins to choose from, if you’re looking for a natural vitamin that includes all of the vitamins and minerals listed below, one of the best hair vitamins, in our opinion is Vitastrand All Natural Hair Vitamins it’s a great choice.
The following vitamins and minerals taken daily can make up for the holes in your diet.
- Vitamin C: Improves circulation in the scalp and stimulates growth. Treats dandruff and prevents hair loss.
- Vitamin E: Supplies oxygen and is key to hair health and growth. Improves scalp circulation and prevents hair loss.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin): Improves shine, volume and texture by building protein.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): Provides oxygen to tissues in the body and stimulates growth in not only hair, but nails and skin as well.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): Improves digestion and circulation, thus helping to maintain healthy hair.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid as calcium): Stimulates vitamin utilization and energy release from food resulting in fuller hair. Aids in hair color restoration.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrocloride): Supports growth of red blood cells resulting in healthy hair and scalp.
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin): Improves hair quality and reduces hair loss. May lessen graying.
- Folic Acid: Helps to maintain healthy hair and skin
- Calcium: Improves hair quality and strength.
- Iron: Supports healthy hair, nails and skin tone. Promotes hair growth.
- Zinc: Promotes growth and reduces hair loss. Treats and prevents dandruff and fights bacteria.
- Selenium: Treats and prevents dandruff.
- Copper: Anti-graying agent
We wish you the best on your journey to a healthier, happier you!